Nine Things You Can Do Every Day – Even When You Can’t Do Anything Else
Even when you're in a rush, here are some tips you can use to stay happy from The Happiness Project.
We all promise ourselves to do better, but it can sure seem impossible, some days. I try to keep a list of things that I can do every day. Even when I forget to write in my one-sentence journal or I don’t make it to the gym, I try to make sure I hit all these items.
That way, even if I feel like I had a day when I got nothing accomplished, I can comfort myself, as I climb into my smooth, tidy bed, “Well, at least I went for a walk. I ate an apple. I hugged my daughters.”
1. Make your bed.
2. Wear sunscreen.
3. Wear your seat belt.
4. Jump up and down a few times.
5. Pick up one object that’s in the wrong place and put it away.
6. Go for a ten-minute walk outside.
7. Eat a fruit or vegetable.
8. Put your keys away in the same place.
9. Touch everyone in your house with affection.
Bonus: 10. Go to sleep as soon as you’re sleepy, if you possibly can.
Liked this? You'll love these, too:blog comments powered by Disqus
To our free daily newsletter, featuring good news from around the world, exclusive interviews with changemakers, guest columns, and subscriber-only weekly giveaways and special offers. Your privacy is secure with us, we will never spam you or sell your email address. Enter your email address below or click here to learn more about what you will receive.
- Stanislav Petrov: The Man Who Saved the World by Doing Nothing
- Miracle Fruit Makes (Almost) Everything Delicious
- Hachiko: The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Liam Hoekstra, Superbaby: Toddler Born with Superhuman Strength
- Mugging Attempt Gets Thwarted by Real-Life Ninjas