Even when you're in a rush, here are some tips you can use to stay happy from The Happiness Project.
We all promise ourselves to do better, but it can sure seem impossible, some days. I try to keep a list of things that I can do every day. Even when I forget to write in my one-sentence journal or I don’t make it to the gym, I try to make sure I hit all these items.
That way, even if I feel like I had a day when I got nothing accomplished, I can comfort myself, as I climb into my smooth, tidy bed, “Well, at least I went for a walk. I ate an apple. I hugged my daughters.”
1. Make your bed.
2. Wear sunscreen.
3. Wear your seat belt.
4. Jump up and down a few times.
5. Pick up one object that’s in the wrong place and put it away.
6. Go for a ten-minute walk outside.
7. Eat a fruit or vegetable.
8. Put your keys away in the same place.
9. Touch everyone in your house with affection.
Bonus: 10. Go to sleep as soon as you’re sleepy, if you possibly can.comments powered by Disqus