Gimundo.com has built an international reputation as the website for good news, positive stories, amazing videos, and daily inspiration. Our site is not biased towards any political or religious direction, but instead aims to foster common ground between people of diverse beliefs with content that all can enjoy.
Gimundo has been online since 2007 and is an Alexa top 90,000 site, reaching up to 400,000 visitors per month. Of these visitors, approximately 80% are within the USA, with the remainder primarily from Canada, Great Britain, and Australia. Our audience is predominantly female aged 30-55 and college-educated.
We have been written about in newspapers including The Seattle Times, The Washington Post, and The Independent, are frequently linked to by high-traffic sites like The Huffington Post and The Happiness Project, and are very popular on social media services like Digg, StumbleUpon, and Reddit. We have a Google PageRank of 5, more than 2,000 followers on Twitter, and over 2,500 Facebook fans.
Our readers visit Gimundo each day to get inspired and learn about uplifting and fascinating events in the world. By promoting your brand on our site, you will help to establish a positive reputation among our readers and their friends and social groups.
Gimundo offers a variety of advertising options suitable to most budgets. All advertising rates listed below are introductory rates and are subject to change. To take advantage of our introductory rate offer, you may purchase up to 600,000 impressions at once for the current rates, even if we change them before your ads complete their run.
The Gimundo daily newsletter goes out to approximately 8,000 people a day Monday through Friday, and is steadily growing. Our mailing list is opt-in only, and is maintained regularly to ensure maximum open and click-through rates. We also have an additional 1500 subscribers to the weekly edition of our newsletter. Newsletter sponsorship is available for $75 per day, $250 per week, or $800 per month (reserving up to three months at one time).
A weekly or monthly sponsorship includes all weekday editions as well as the weekly edition, which goes out every Monday. The sponsorship includes a brief text message at the top of the email, as well as a 468px by 60px display ad in the footer (See specifications below for display ad). See a sample newsletter ad.
We are very selective in choosing companies to collaborate with on a sponsored post, as we must ensure that they fit our positive image and ethos. Companies holding sweepstakes or giveaways can be a good fit, though we are open to considering other ideas. Rates for a sponsored post, which will be distributed through our email newsletter and exist permanently on our website, start at $400. See an example of a previous sponsored post, or contact us for more information.
Sidebar and Footer Ads
In addition to the Marketplace we also have two display ad units available on each page of the site. They are located in the lower sidebar and footer of the page. These ads offer greater design flexibility and can include rich media (within specifications listed below). The sidebar ad is available for $3.50/CPM, and the footer for $2.50/CPM. Please refer to ad specifications below for technical details.
Custom Advertising and Sponsorships
We have previously created custom sponsorship options for large brands including Maxwell House Coffee and Scharffen Berger Chocolates, and would love to work with your company to create a positivity-focused campaign. Our small team of developers, writers & designers can work with you to create a number of custom promotional opportunities including but not limited to:
- Custom good news and positive content email newsletters.
- Custom RSS and content feeds. We have a categorized database of over 1500 original articles covering a broad range of topics (Heroes, Green, Science, Nonprofits/Charity, Kids, Pets & more)
- Original or exclusive content.
- Sponsorship of sections or categories of the site.
As a 100% independently owned site, we have the flexibility to create virtually any kind of campaign imaginable. If you wish to discuss a custom advertising campaign, please email email@example.com.
We will refuse any advertising that:
- Is violent or pornographic in nature, or links to sites that contain violent or pornographic material.
- Is associated with any pyramid/multi-level marketing program or promotes any kind of "get rich quick" scheme.
- Offers for sale any product that claims to have any unfounded dramatic medical or health benefits (i.e. diet pills or cure for cancer). Vitamins that have recognized health benefits are OK so long as no unfounded claims are made.
- Offers for sale any product or service that is illegal in the United States of America.
In addition to the above list we reserve the right to refuse to run any ad that we feel is contrary to the positive nature of the site.
Display Ad Specifications & Requirements
- All ads must be RGB and 72dpi
- Maximum file size is 40K. Ads received that exceed 40K may be optimized at our discretion, which may result in a loss of quality.
- Ads in the Gimundo Marketplace must be in either JPG or GIF format and cannot contain animations.
- All other display must be in JPG, GIF or SWF format, and may be animated.
- Rich media content or animated GIF files should not be have animations exceeding 15 seconds (including loops if any).
- Rich media content should have the links hard coded into the SWF and must also include a JGP or GIF version for browsers with no Flash installed.
- All display advertising is CPM and must be bought in increments of 100,000.
- Advertising campaigns must be paid in full before they go live on the site. Payment can be made via PayPal (including credit card), or check drawn on a US Bank.
- Poorly designed ads may be refused (we do not have overly strict aesthetic requirements—stay clear of comic-sans and papyrus fonts and there most likely won't be a problem!).
Examples of Ad Sizes
We are able to offer ad design at a discounted rate of $50 per hour in combination with an advertising purchase of at least $100. Any ads designed by our staff will remain your property and you are free to use it elsewhere with no restrictions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further inquiries or to make an ad booking.
To our free daily newsletter, featuring good news from around the world, exclusive interviews with changemakers, guest columns, and subscriber-only weekly giveaways and special offers. Your privacy is secure with us, we will never spam you or sell your email address. Enter your email address below or click here to learn more about what you will receive.
- Stanislav Petrov: The Man Who Saved the World by Doing Nothing
- Miracle Fruit Makes (Almost) Everything Delicious
- Hachiko: The World’s Most Loyal Dog
- Liam Hoekstra, Superbaby: Toddler Born with Superhuman Strength
- Mugging Attempt Gets Thwarted by Real-Life Ninjas