Check out our original Valentine's Day mix of our favorite love songs, featuring great artists like Elliott Smith, Tom Waits, and Nina Simone.
Easy-listening radio has given the love song a bad reputation. Without naming names of the musical offenders (ahem, Celine Dion), we’d like to help rehabilitate the unappreciated genre by sharing some of our favorite love songs in honor of Valentine’s Day. We came up with a mix of old and new favorites that are guaranteed to win you over – nothing sappy, just the right amount of sweetness.
Burn it onto a CD for your sweetheart and pretend you came up with it yourself – we’ll never tell.
1. First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes
2. Wild Horses – The Sundays
3. Just Like Heaven – The Cure
4. Distant Sun – Crowded House
5. Falling Slowly – Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
6. The Luckiest – Ben Folds
7. Love is Red – David Poe
8. Say Yes – Elliott Smith
9. I Hope That I Don’t Fall in Love with You – Tom Waits
10. Fair – Remy Zero
11. Oh Yoko! – John Lennon
12. The Way I Am – Ingrid Michaelson
13. I Want a Little Sugar in My Bowl – Nina Simone
Check it out here.